This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Clifton Court Apartment
The Victorian Terrace Apartment is situated on the Promenade at No l Clifton Court, Port St Mary, Isle of Man with stunning views over Chapel Bay. It has two bedrooms and two Bathrooms and sleeps 4 adults.
Clifton Court is on the level part of the upper Promenade and is only 100 yards from the village which has a good sized CoOp and also has cafes and restaurants and two Pubs.
The Apartment is split into lower ground and upper ground levels. The bedrooms are on the lower ground and the Lounge/Diner and kitchen are on the upper ground. There is access to both levels from the outside.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07624486827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact page for more information on how to reach us.
- The property is 100 yards from the Bus Stop and half a mile from the Railway Station. There are numerous Taxi companies locally. The Bus runs from Port St Mary to Port Erin and then through to Douglas via Balasalla. There are Bus and Train Timetables in the Apartment.
- The Pavements and streets locally are finished in Tarmac.
- Tesco deliver to Port St Mary and the village has a well stocked CoOp. Approx 100 yards away.
- We do not offer a collection service.
- There are no Mobility Stores locally but there are a few in Douglas that hire out and sell equipment etc. As far as I am aware there are no RADAR toilets locally.
- For directions to the property please see our website www.cliftoncourtapartment.com
- A copy of the Access Statement can be found on our Web site and also a hard copy can be found in the Information file in the Apartment.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- We have a coded lock to enter the property on the lower ground level.
- Welcoming guests can be arranged if given sufficient notice.
- There is plenty of free street parking on the Promenade and also a free car park 50 yards away which has three Blue Badge parking spaces.
- The Promenade is well lit.
- We have a sensor light on the lower ground to assist entry through the coded locked door.
Entrance to Property
- There is no level access to the property. There are thirteen steps up to the main front door(upper ground floor) and three large platform like steps down to the Lower Ground floor where the coded entrance is.
- There are hand rails up to Front door but no hand rails going down to the lower ground floor.
- Both entrance doors are 750mm/29.5 inches wide.
- The staircase to the upper floor is tiled with a mat and then there is a tiled floor with Rugs in the Hallway.
- The platform steps down to the lower level are concrete and at the entrance to the property through the coded lock the floor covered with Cushion Flooring.
- The interior of the property is mainly carpeted (short pile)
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The Hall Stairs, landing/passageways are well lit by ceiling and wall lights.
- The minimum width of the passageway is 700mm/27.5 inches but wider in most places.
- The floor surfaces are a combination of carpet/Tiles and Laminate. The carpets are short pile.
- The internal staircase is quite steep and has thirteen carpeted steps with handrails on both sides. The staircase is 800mm/31.5inches wide.
- The Lounge/Dining room are combined and are on the upper ground floor which is accessible through the First floor entrance into a hallway and then through into Flat 1 kitchen and then on to the Lounge/Dining room.
- The entrance door to the property is 800mm/31.5 inches.
- The Lounge/Diner is level and has a short pile carpet.
- It also has one two and one three seater leather couches with normal height Dining Table and chairs. The dining chairs are heavy to move.
- There is plenty of space to move around but the furniture is not easily movable.
- There is a TV and DVD player in the corner of the room.The TV has an option for Subtitles and has normal audio output.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night it has wall/overhanging central chandelier light and a Standard light.
- The Dining room is part of the Lounge so access is the same as the lounge. Please refer to the Lounge for further information.
- The Dining Table has four upright chairs without arms and the table is 750mm/29.5 inches high. The chairs are heavy to move.
- There is sufficient space around the table but not generous space.
- Lighting and floor covering is the same as the Lounge/Diner.
- The Kitchen is situated on the upper ground floor and access is as explained for the upper ground floor. It has level access from the Hallway and the Lounge/Dining room.
- The door opening width is 800mm/31.5 inches
- The Oven is 1200mm off the floor and the Grill is 1500mm of the floor. Both have drop down doors.
- The Hob is 900mm from the floor
- The Work surfaces and Breakfast Bar is 900mm from the floor.
- The Fridge and Freezer are separate units with a high shelf of of 600mm and a low shelf of 250mm.
- The Breakfast Bar has 880mm of leg room with swivel bar stools without arms.
- Wall cupboards are 2000mm high with the lowest shelf 1350mm high on one unit and 1000mm high on the other unit.
- The Sink Taps are mixers using levers.
- There is a cordless kettle – 360 degree revolving
- The Kitchen is very well lit with four spotlights and a long Fluorescent Tube.
- The Kitchen floor is tiled.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are two lower ground floor bedrooms.
- The door opening widths are 750mm/29.5 inches.
- Furniture cannot be moved around.
- One bedroom has a 5foot wide double bed and the other has two single beds which can be zipped together as a double.
- The only provision for a carer is the use of one of the bedrooms
- The Master Bedroom has plenty of space either side of the double bed. Over 1500mm on either side.
- The second Twin Bedded room could be made to have 1000mm space on one side of a single or double (zipped) bed.
- The bed heights are 620mm high.
- The lighting is through bedside lights and central lights.
- The floors are carpeted with short pile carpets and are beige in colour. The walls are in off white and doorways in white.
- There is a ‘walk in’ Wardrobe and a separate hanging wardrobe which has low rails. The rails cannot be adjusted.
- We do not have any non-allergic bedding.
- No TV’s in the Bedrooms
- See Website www.cliftoncourtapartment.com for pictures.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- There is level access between bedrooms and en-suite and separate bathroom.
- The door openings are 750mm/29.5 inches.
- The shower in the en-suite is a large walk in see through cubicle.
- The shower in the second bathroom is over the bath.
- The WC in the en-suite is 400mm high and the WC in the second bathroom is 440mm high.
- All taps are operated with levers.
- There are no support or grab rails in the bath or the shower.
- The rooms are have central lights and spot lights over mirrors.
- The colours are sand/beige on the floor and walls in both rooms.
- The floors are tiles in are in sand/beige
- See www.cliftoncourtapartment.com for photographs.
- No toilet seat raisers or shower seat available.
- The Laundry room is on the lower ground floor off the ensuite bathroom.
- It is level with the ensuite bathroom and bedrooms.
- Door width is 750mm/29.5 inches.
- No taps
- Well lit by a central light and daylight.
- Cushion floor covering
- This room also has a door to the front of the property and acts as the coded door entrance.
- There is a standard sized washing machine and a separate drier. Both are front loading.
- There is a paved Patio with flat access from the Master Bedroom and the Laundry Room.
- There is a wrought iron table and four chairs on the patio.
- Please see www.cliftoncourtapartment.com for photograph of patio and garden area.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- The whole apartment is decorated with Cotton colored walls and beige carpets. See www.cliftoncourtapartment.com for pictures
- Nobles Hospital is in Douglas (15miles away) with an A&E Tel no 01624650000.
- Southern Practice Doctors Practice is in Port Erin Tel no 01624686979
- WIFI Free
- Mobile Reception good.
- There are no future plans to amend the property to be more accessible due to the Victorian structure and design of the property.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Mr B A Clark The Westwards, Bradda East, Port Erin, Isle of Man IM 96 QA|
|Grid Reference:||Not known|
|Hours Of Operation:||9am to 7pm|
|Local Carers:||Southlands, Port Erin, Church Road, Isle of Man, IM95NL 01624831831|
|Local Equipment Hire:||Southlands Resource Centre, Address as above 01624831831|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||Buntys Taxi’s 24 hours 01624835433|
|Local Public Transport:||www.gov.im/catorgories/rail/bus-vannin/bus-timetables|